Becoming a patient
Below we have outlined the steps that you need to begin the process of procreation! Our main goal is to help you build your family, but we also want to make your experience the best possible in trying to achieve that goal.
- The first thing we need is a referral from your doctor.
- Upon receiving your referral, we will contact you within 24-48 hours to book your initial consultation and your appointment will be made as soon as your doctor can see you.
- At your first appointment we will require your health card and the health card of your partner (if applicable).
- While you wait, enjoy some complementary reading material, an Internet connection, a courtesy phone, and we even have massage chairs to help you relax. Waiting times can vary from day to day, and patients are seen on a first come, first served basis. If you require a letter excusing you from work, then we will be happy to provide you with one.
- On your first visit, you will have a consultation with the doctor, who will take your medical history, perform a physical examination, an ultrasound check (in most cases), and blood testing.
- At the end of the first visit, your doctor will then decide on an investigation and treatment plan.
- Follow up appointments and visits will be scheduled as required. Don’t forget to bring your Health Card to every visit!
If you have a partner, they should accompany you on your first visit, if possible. Please ensure they bring their Health Card.
At the first visit your partner can expect the doctor to take your medical history and to have blood tests performed in most cases. For men, a semen analysis is often required at a future date.
Semen specimens for semen can be brought from home. If brought from home, the specimen should be brought to the clinic within 1.5 hours from production and kept against the body during transport.